Wednesday, February 13, 2013

green is better.

happy hump day, or as some call it, wednesday. yesterday morning, my boyfriend decided that he really wanted a smoothie for breakfast since he saw that i had mangoes and pineapple in the fridge. obviously, i was super pumped on it because smoothies are always delicious! 

one of my favorite things in smoothies is spinach. i was super nervous at first to try this since it looks and smells like ground when you blend it. however, i was super surprised by how delicious it is, and so good for you. last week i was given a three pound bag of spinach that i was not going to be able to finish by myself. i decided to blend it up and make some spinach ice cubes. everyone judges me because it is the only type of 'ice' cubes i have in my freezer, but it works so well, spinach doesn't always have to be in my fridge, and it adds a chilly ingredient to my smoothie. since my spinach cubes were already made, i can't post step-by-step instructions and pictures this time. but once i run out i will post my next spinach cube concoction.smoothies are one of my favorite things because they are so versatile & so delicious no matter what you throw in them. 
*my tip for your at home smoothie making is to experiment and work with what you have on hand*

(per serving, 10 oz glass) 
- 1/2 small banana
- 2 slices of pineapple
- 1/2 mango 
- 5 spinach ice cubes 
- 1/3 cup frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries & raspberries)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk 

the prep for this is similar to any smoothie, or blended beverage. simply toss it into your blender, whip it up, & voila! 

 




final stats (per serving):
calories: 200
fat: 3 g 
carbohydrates: 45 g 
protein: 4 g 
fiber: 7 g








wonderful wednesday wishes & love :D

No comments: