Thursday, March 14, 2013

vegan stuffed pasilla peppers.

If you missed my last post, or somehow forgot, my MOM IS IN TOWN! 

Literally, she is the best person in the world. She is absolutely amazing. Her and my dad are my two biggest fans in every aspect of my life. They truly support me in everything I do and are great help in the kitchen. One of our favorite foods as a family is stuffed peppers. Pasilla peppers are a delicious, more flavorful choice for a stuffed pepper that we have been experimenting with lately. Since Mason and I weren't getting to my house until 9 last night, I asked my mom to cook us dinner. When she said that she was making stuffed peppers I was elated. I asked her to exclude cheese and chicken sausage from mine and include a list of ingredients so that I could share them with you!



[makes 8 servings]
- 8 large Pasilla peppers
- 2 small onions
- 10 mini bell peppers
- 4 oz. can diced green chili's 
- 1.5 cup low sodium black beans 
- 10 cloves garlic 
- 40 fresh green beans 
- 8 crimini mushrooms 
- salt & pepper to taste 
- favorite hot sauce [optional] 

stuffed peppers are easy and so delicious. As I said earlier, mine didn't contain cheese [because I'm lactose intolerant] or chicken sausage [because I wanted this dish to be vegan friendly]. Chop the onions, bell peppers, garlic, green beans and mushrooms. Combine all the ingredients [except the pasilla peppers] in a saute pan and lightly cook over medium heat. Cut the tops of the pasilla peppers off and scoop out the seeds. Stuff the peppers with the saute mixture, bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Ours were topped with homemade pico de gallo & enjoyed so very much! 
Final Stats [per serving]:
Calories: 125
Fat: 2g
Carbs: 22g
Protein: 9g
Fiber: 6g

No comments: