Wednesday, March 13, 2013

busy day.

Life gets hard. Time is precious and it seems like sometimes we just never have enough time to get anything done, let alone breathe. Trust me, with college, work, homework, Penelope, friends, family, and Mason, I am bogged down and have little time to take a breath. I understand being stressed, I understand being busy and I understand doing what interests me. Healthy eating, blogging, and sharing what I have learned through my weight loss journey is very fun to me.

Yesterday, I was asked by Lili to write her a "meal plan". Essentially, a list of my recipes categorized into breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Of course I said yes because I love her and want to help her get to where she wants to be post baby, and pre wedding. This is something I can justify spending my time doing. 
Today, my mom is arriving and will be staying with me for two weeks! She hasn't been to my house since...I think my birthday (beginning of November), so I am ecstatic! She is such an amazing woman and has done so very much for my dad, brother, me, and every single person she encounters in life. Her and my dad built me 2 raised beds this past weekend as an Easter present. I am so beyond excited because now I can garden. I will post pictures and updates through that process because we will be planting flowers as well as veggies. 

Anyways, back to my post. Being busy is difficult and takes time to learn to balance and manage new things. Healthy eating is one of those things that can be very difficult and seem impossible when you are constantly going. Planning ahead and pre-packing lunches, meals, and snacks can help to limit the stress in regards to food, save you money, and keep you on the right track to your weight loss or weight management. A post I did a while back was a short snippet into how to pack ahead and if you missed that check here. I will be making a whole page eventually about tackling school and staying on track later on. Last night while Lili and I were socializing and hanging out with Bryson [the cutest baby in the world] I made my lunch for today since I am on campus from 8 am until 8 pm. 

- 2 cups romaine
- 1/4 cup shelled edamame
- 1/6 yellow onion 
- 1/2 zucchini 
- 1/4 bell pepper 
- 3 cloves garlic 
- 15 green beans 
Salads are so versatile, so delicious, and super low calorie when prepared correctly. They are one of my favorite things to pack for work and school because I can put exactly what I want and don't need it heated up or prepared separately. To make this salad, I chopped my romaine and shelled my edamame and stored those in my tupperware [including my cup of dressing]. Then, heat up a pan to medium heat. Lightly coat with pam. Chop the veggies and garlic. Sautee the green beans, onions, and bell peppers together first. Add the garlic and zucchini and cook till browned. Let cool and store in your salad container. Pack a fork and you are ready for a nutritious day on the go. Don't forget snack foods to get you through your busy day & enjoy this salad!! 
Final Stats: 
Calories: 154
Fat: 2 g
Carbs: 27 g
Protein: 10 g
Fiber: 6 g
Good luck staying healthy, happy, and busy :D

No comments: